Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to register to look up leases?
- No, you don't have to register to see the leases. However, you won't be able to contact any landowners unless you register.
- Why do I have to register? I don't want my email address to be abused.
- When you register, the system checks with you to make sure it's a valid address. When another user contacts you, they don't know what your email address is, the system forwards the message to you.
- No matter what I use as a password, it keeps telling me it's an incorrect login.
- Were you sure to register first? Did you get an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org" giving you a link to confirm that your email address is working? You must use the link, which ends with the word "activate", before you will be able to log on.
- I tried to register, but I'm not getting your email.
- You might look in your Bulk Mail (Spam). Some systems allow you to block everybody who are not in your address book. Some providers take a while to deliver mail to you (up to 20 minutes)
- I have entered my ranch, but I don't see it on the list.
- Did you enter a lease opportunity to go along with it? If you had a lease, and deleted it, you won't be on the list, but your property is still available to enter new leases any time.
- I used the 'BACK' button to correct my lease form, but the changes don't work.
- Our menu has three options - adding, editing, or deleting a lease. If you made a mistake, use the edit or delete option. The 'BACK' button does not undo form entries.
- I'm not sure I want to do this. Is it difficult to delete a lease, once it's been created?
- Once you have a listing (or two) you'll see that it's very easy to delete one, simply click a button.
- Is it hard to change a lease listing or property description?
- No, just use the edit option from the menu, fill out the form, and submit it.
- I have several leases listed on my property, but I want to quit listing this property altogether. Do I have to delete the leases first? What happens if I don't?
- When you choose to delete a property, the system will delete all leases from that property first.
- I got an email from a hunter, and want to reply. How do I know what to put in the "To:" box?
- In the email, their user name is at the end in quotes. That's all you need. We ask that you mention the lease id number and/or ranch name in your subject line.
- I have already leased my property. Is there some way to stop getting emails?
- Please delete your lease listing as soon as you have enough hunters. You can add it back next year. Your property will remain in the system.
- How do I change my password?
- After logging in, you will find a "Change my password" item on the menu. Fill out the form with your new password twice, and click Submit.
- What if I can't log in?
- Use the 'Reset Password' button. After filling in your email address, a new password will be generated and emailed to you. You may want to change it to something you can remember after you log in for the first time.
- I've chosen the 'Reset Password' option, but I haven't received an email.
- Make sure "email@example.com" is in your address book. Check your bulk folder. Are you sure you've registered?
- What can I do when I find listings that aren't legitimate?
- Please notify us by email at Hunt Texas. We will remove any listings that don't describe actual properties or lease opportunities.