SECONDARY DRAW AND STANDBY PERMITS
ON THIS PAGE
- Special Permit Categories
- Secondary Drawing
- Standby Permits
In an attempt to maximize hunting opportunity, secondary draw and standby permits may be offered to alternates.
Special Permit Categories
- Hunt positions are reserved for any drawn hunter having paid for or accepted their Special Permit
- It is possible for a hunt area to have both a Secondary Drawing and Standby Drawing.
- It is also possible for a hunt to not have either a Secondary Drawing or Standby Drawing.
- After the initial drawing for a category is conducted and that permit fee due date has passed, unpaid/unaccepted permits may be offered to alternate winners through a second drawing.
- If you are not selected initially and a secondary drawing is scheduled your application status will read Not Selected – Pending Second Draw.
- If you are selected for a permit during the secondary draw, a selection notice will be emailed to you and a new permit fee due date will be set.
- Secondary hunters will be chosen from the same pool of applicants as the initial drawing. It will not be necessary to apply again.
- Contact the hunt area a week before the hunt period for details about the standby drawing process and permit availability.
- If standby permits are available, a drawing will be conducted at the hunt area and prospective hunters are generally advised to be there by 10:00 a.m. on the first day of the hunt period to apply.
- There is no application fee to enter a standby drawing; however, successful adult hunters must pay the permit fee. Standby permit fees may be paid by permanent check, cashier’s check or money order.
- There are no fees for youth participants.
- Participation as a standby applicant/hunter will NOT affect your application status or loyalty points in the drawn hunt system.